Friday, February 20, 2015

Staff / Schedule Changes & Welcome to Jason Sandys!

It's a new Lunar New year and some new developments are in the air at Sarana.

We are saying goodbye to Lynn Bertzyk at the end of this month -- her last day with us will be Friday February 27. We are so very grateful to Lynn for all her hard work and dedication, and we look forward to seeing her occasionally as a substitute practitioner.

We also warmly welcome Jason Sandys LAc to Sarana's acupuncturist team!
Jason is a California licensed acupuncturist with a strong commitment to the community acupuncture practice model.

More about Jason in his own words:

I grew up in nearby Sonoma California.  I attended UC Santa Cruz for my undergrad studies in Film and Video with a year-long-life-altering travel adventure in between my studies.  This led me to yet more traveling...this time to teach English in Changsha China for a year.  I returned to China for another year to study the Chinese language, enjoy the culture, indulge in the food, and steep with the tea.  

I never liked needles and was disenchanted with our health care system, so needles(s) to say it took some time for me to find my calling in Acupuncture/East Asian Medicine.  But I guess all that time in China had an impression on me.  When I finally decided upon my path I was living in Portland, OR so I studied at OCOM (Oregon College of Oriental Medicine).  During school I had an observation shift at Working Class Acupuncture which inspired me to practice in a community acupuncture setting and reach as many individuals as possible with this wonderful medicine.  

When not needling patients, I'm spending time with my toddler (anything to do with trains).  You may also find me bike commuting, cooking, fermenting, brewing, practicing TaiJi, hiking, drinking tea, or taking photographs. 

Starting in March, Jason will work the following shifts:

  • Fridays, 11 am - 3 pm
  • Tuesdays,  2 - 6:30 pm**

**Please note that Pam will be switching from working Tuesdays to working on Sundays 10 am - 2 pm.

Please check this link for any upcoming staff substitutions and schedule changes, we update this post regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment