Friday, November 13, 2015

Introducing Our New Acupuncturist, Vignesh (Vig) Swaminathan, LAc!

We are excited to announce a new addition to our practitioner team!
Vignesh brings a calm reassuring presence and a strong commitment to community acupuncture.

Vig will be working:
  • Sundays 10 am–2 pm starting on 11/22/15**
  • Mondays 9:30 am–2 pm starting on 12/7/15 (he will also work on Monday 11/23)
**Please note that Pam will be switching from working on Sundays to working on Saturdays 1-3 pm (overlapping with Sean 1-2 pm) starting 12.5.15

About Vig in his own words:
I first learned about acupuncture while living at a Zen monastery. I think getting acupuncture is a lot like going on a meditation retreat. When I give an acupuncture treatment, I like to support the deepest layers of body and psyche. I work in Community Acupuncture clinics because I enjoy making health care accessible to everyone.  I also love the sense of community that happens in group acupuncture settings.

 In my free time, I teach meditation at Esalen Institute in Big Sur. I also like to spend a lot of time in the mountains. I strongly believe that Wilderness is the greatest medicine and I would encourage you to lose yourself in Her as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome,Vig. I look forward to a treatment with you.

    ReplyDelete